This week I am continuing to answer questions that I get from my clients and readers…
One of the questions I get asked often from people who want an awesome relationship is “Where will I find him (or her)?”
Well, first off I can tell you where you probably won’t find him, and that is in your living room while you are sitting in front of the television set, eating dinner alone. 🙂
I’ve spoken to many women who have had it up to the proverbial here with online dating, and who have at times been very close to deciding that maybe being alone is not all that bad.
I understand that looking for “the one” can be frustrating.
So here are a few things to keep in mind…
- You have to leave the house and meet people.
- It helps to let people know you are looking. This seems obvious to some of you, but there are those of you out there who in your heart of hearts you really want a relationship and yet you haven’t really let that be known to your circle of friends, relatives, and acquaintances. These are all people who know potential matches for you and have the power to introduce you to them. Don’t underestimate the power of networking and letting others know what it is you are looking for!
- And speaking of “knowing what you are looking for”…do you? Are you very clear on what you want and what you don’t? Knowing your deal breakers is important.
- Get a hobby. Seriously, because if you can find something (or a few things) you really like to do and then find others that are enjoying those things too, you’ll have more opportunities to be with people who have similar interests as you.
- Do what makes you happy and make the choice to be happy now. None of this “I’ll be happy when ____” stuff. This is important. No one (not even “him”) can “make” you happy. When you decide to take responsibility for your own happiness (single or otherwise) the Universe will conspire to assist you. And when you feel happy you will experience less stress, that in itself makes you more attractive.
- Smile! And, be yourself. You are awesome and there is someone out there for you who will see all of your awesomeness readily and easily.
Love & Magic,